STATISTICS ABOUT LEBANON
1. Lebanon has 18 religious communities.
2. It has 40 daily newspapers.
3. It has 42 universities.
4. It has over 100 banks (that is 'banks' and not 'branches of a bank').
5. 70% of the students are in private schools.
6. 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians (this is the highest percentage in all the Arab Countries).
7. There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon (In Europe & America, there's 1 doctor per 100 people).
8. The name LEBANON appears 75 times in the Old Testament.
9. The name CEDAR (Lebanon's symbol) also appears 75 times in the Old Testament!!
10. Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times (this is why it is compared to the Phoenix).
11. There are 3.5 Million Lebanese in Lebanon.
12. There are around 10 Million Lebanese outside Lebanon!
OTHER INTERESTING FACTS:
1. Lebanon, the country, was occupied by over 16 countries: Egyptians- Hittites-Assyrians- Babylonians- Persians- Alexander the greats Army- The Roman Empire Byzantine- the Arabian Peninsula -The Crusaders- the Ottoman Empire- Britain - France- Syria.
2. Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest, continuously living city in the world.
3. Lebanon's name has been around for 4,000 yrs non-stop (it's the oldest country/ Nation's name in the world!)
4. Lebanon is the only Asian/African country that doesn't have a desert .
5. There are 15 rivers in Lebanon (all of them coming from its own mountains).
6. Lebanon is one of the most populated countries in its archaeological sites, in the World.
7. The first alphabet was created in Byblos (city in Lebanon).
8. The only remaining temple of Jupiter (the main Roman god) is in Baalbeck, Lebanon (The City of the Sun).
9. The name of BIBLE comes from BYBLOS!!!
10. Lebanon is the country that has the most books written about it.
11. Lebanon is the only non-dictatorial country in the Arab world (Yes, we do have a President!).
12. The Phoenicians (Original People of Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and they were The first to sail ever.
13. Phoenicians also reached America long before Christopher Columbus did.
14. The 1st law school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown Beirut.
15. People say that the cedars were planted by God's own hands (This is why they're Called "The Cedars of God", and this is why Lebanon is called "God's Country on Earth."
I love Lebanon...
Feel free to share this with the world...